RunCzech is one of the largest event promoters in Europe. They have found ways to innovate and grow even while juggling the pandemic. Now that adidas has signed for four more years, the RunCzech events and elite racing team have one of the top global brands as a major sponsor.
RunCzech and global brand adidas entered the partnership agreement – running gains strong support until 2026.
RunCzech, the organizer of prestigious running events, has entered into a new six-year contract with the German concern adidas. Even the last two years of covid, when the organization of mass events became quite complicated, did not deter large brands from long-term sports partnerships. “adidas has been with us practically since the beginning. We have welcomed together over 1,2 million runners throughout a quarter of a century of our amazing cooperation,” says Carlo Capalbo, President of RunCzech. “RunCzech has reached great international recognition and every race they organize has a high level of professionalism. Apart from that, they are constantly innovating and coming up with new sports projects,” said Krzysztof Luczakowski, Sports Marketing Director for Eastern Europe.
Except for supporting the RunCzech Running league, adidas remains the titular partner of the Women´s Race 5km. As one of RunCzech’s main partners, adidas also has an exclusive collection of products for all ten races. These include popular running T-shirts and a unique collection with the philosophy “All Runners Are Beautiful” which is going to be further developed in the future seasons.
For the next six years, adidas will also support the elite RunCzech Racing team, which was founded together with RunCzech in 2014. The goal is to search for and develop talented young runners around the world.
The partnership between these two companies is also confirmed by the fact that last September, RunCzech co-organized a prestigious sports event AdiZero: Road to Records 2021 for adidas taking place in Herzogenaurach, adidas´ headquarters in Germany. “It is not common for a global brand like adidas to turn to a Czech company with a request to co-organise a key sports event in Germany,” adds Carlo Capalbo from RunCzech.
- adidas brand is the world leader in the sports goods sector. Company with the headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany, employs more than 62 000 people worldwide and its revenue reached 19,8 bln EUR in 2020.
- RunCzech organizes running events in cities across the Czech Republic and in Italy, with Napoli Running, and in Japan and China supported by local entities.
- Prague International Marathon spol. s.r.o. (“PIM”)/RunCzech was established in 1995 by Carlo Capalbo, President of the Organizing Committee, with the aim of staging a world-class international marathon in Prague.
- Nearly 1.2 million runners have participated in RunCzech events since its inception. In 2019, we welcomed over 120 000 finishers from 101 different countries.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE BEAUTIFUL is our way of welcoming everyone to the world of running.
- Initiatives like RunCzech Running League and SuperHalfs were created to motivate casual runners. To support elite European athletes, we created the EuroHeroes Challenge.
- RunCzech Racing is dedicated to the development of young athletes, community ties, and sporting excellence. Eight World records so far and over 150 podium finishes for our team!
- In 2021, RunCzech introduced the unique running invention called The Battle of the Teams. “Professional marathoners competing in teams, strategically drafted based on their collective personal bests, giving each team a serious chance to win gold”.
- We host other events such as our Bambini Runs, Family Runs, and Junior Marathon Championship to encourage youth participation.
- Our FreeRun courses form a network of running trails across the Czech Republic.
- Our Running Mall serves as the epicenter of the running world in Prague.
- All accompanying information regarding RunCzech can be found at this link: https://bit.ly/2X83DLD