This is my daily chat with #RunBlogRun viewers and track fans on all things track & field!
This is Coffee with Larry for Friday, May 26, 2023.
We are at the Luskin Conference Center, just finished the
presser for USATF LA Grand Prix.
1. Presser was fantastic, with Ajee Wilson, Sam Kendricks, Sha’Carri
Richardson, Mondo Duplantis, Christian Coleman, and Brooke Anderson, with emcee
2. All had good things to say.
3. The meet will be good on Friday, 5-10 pm, and Saturday, 12-5 pm. Great events both day and night.
4. Great seeing the athletes checking in, Josette Andrews and Robbie Andrews,
Tom Walsh, Ryan Crouser, and a ton of athletes.
6. So a bright person explained Whereabouts testing to me, quite simply? “Do you pay your taxes? Yes. Did you get an airline ticket to get to this meet?Yes, did you pay for it? Yes, Why? Because that is your job. Simple as that. You follow up on Whereabouts testing because it is part of your job!”
10. Check out Brooks Running, as they have supported RunBlogRun since our beginning in 2006, American Track & Field since its founding 1994 an American Athletics from 1990-1994. Check out their performance running shoes and spikes, www.brooksrunning.com.
11. The Presser was one of the finest that I have EVER seen. USATF LA Grand Prix is a meet ind development, I am trying to be patient.
Larry Eder has had a 50-year involvement in the sport of athletics. Larry has experienced the sport as an athlete, coach, magazine publisher, and now, journalist and blogger. His first article, on Don Bowden, America's first sub-4 minute miler, was published in RW in 1983. Larry has published several magazines on athletics, from American Athletics to the U.S. version of Spikes magazine. He currently manages the content and marketing development of the RunningNetwork, The Shoe Addicts, and RunBlogRun. Of RunBlogRun, his daily pilgrimage with the sport, Larry says: "I have to admit, I love traveling to far away meets, writing about the sport I love, and the athletes I respect, for my readers at runblogrun.com, the most of anything I have ever done, except, maybe running itself."
Theme song: Greg Allman, " I'm no Angel."
View all posts
Leave a Reply