This is Coffee with Larry for Friday, September 27, 2023.
This is our almost daily news program for RunBlogRun.
Wifi wonked, so 17 minutes of 30 minutes is posted.
Our topics today!
- Nike Pre Classic is rated as the best track meet ever in World Rankings.
- USATF announces Olympic Trials is in Eugene, not a surprise.
- Eugene is a wonderful venue, but how does that grow the sport?
- NCAA is in Eugene for the next 8 years.
- Pre back to normal schedule after a spectacular year.
- Where else can it be held? That is the question in the US, and who will respect USATF and USOPC demands?
- Stay tuned.<
Larry Eder has had a 51-year involvement in the sport of athletics. Larry has experienced the sport as an athlete, coach, magazine publisher, and now, journalist and blogger. His first article, on Don Bowden, America's first sub-4 minute miler, was published in RW in 1983. Larry has published several magazines on athletics, from American Athletics to the U.S. version of Spikes magazine. He currently manages the content and marketing development of the RunningNetwork, The Shoe Addicts, and RunBlogRun. Of RunBlogRun, his daily pilgrimage with the sport, Larry says: "I have to admit, I love traveling to far away meets, writing about the sport I love, and the athletes I respect, for my readers at runblogrun.com, the most of anything I have ever done, except, maybe running itself." Also does some updates for BBC Sports at key events, which he truly enjoys. Theme song: Greg Allman, " I'm no Angel."