This is Coffee with Larry.
Coffee with Larry is a year-old plus almost daily news program from Fortius Media Group, posted on Facebook, X, formerly known as Twitter and the web at RunBlogRun.
This is the coverage for Wednesday, September 6, 2023.
Our topics today are:
- Nike Pre Classic gains Noah Lyles and Sha’Carri Richardson, which is critical for the event’s success and drawing a TV audience.
- Nike Pre Classic has been a fixture for the last 44 years, sponsored by Nike since 1978.
- The end-of-season date for Pre in 2023 complicates the meet to almost collapse, with a huge American football event on campus at the same time on Saturday and reluctance by athletes to travel from Europe and Asia to Eugene for the end of the season.
- There are good ticket sales at Nike Pre Classic, but challenges in getting hotel rooms due to Football games and the greediness of hoteliers in Eugene, Oregon.
- Amazing kudos to the Nike Pre team for getting athletes to commit to the event at the end of the season.
- The Memorial Van Damme meeting in Brussels on September 8, 2023, has been tremendous. fields, with Laura Muir, Jakob Ingebrigtsen, and Mondo Duplantis entering in the second to last meeting of the 2023 season.
- See you tomorrow! #CoffeewithLarry