This is our daily news program on all things Global Athletics, #CoffeeWithLarry! We began this program in June 2022, and moved to
RunBlogRun in July 2022 and have done it, almost every day since.
Oh, and it is the annual week where everyone dumps on Max Siegel. Oh, it must be USATF annual meeting. Okay, let me get this right, USATF prior to Siegal had about $12 million a year, now at $35 million. Why not spend some time figuring out how to put some $$ into the pockets of athletes and support meets and media and stop the internecine warfare? Track & Field ALWAYS kills its own young.
This is my daily chat with #RunBlogRun
viewers and track fans on all things track & field!
Our topics today:
1. This is week of NXN!
2. This is week of NCAA Div II XC (Friday)!
3. This is Champs XC West regional week!
4. Max Siegel and his compensation, creating a stir.
5. Will Kenya be banned from athletics?
6. Can the running community support itself?
7. Will races that take from sport continued to be supported?
8. Jack Fleming is new President and CEO of BAA, an accolade well deserved and earned by over 30 years of support for sport in Boston!
9. Boston Marathon, no other race like it.